Classification – Non-Exempt
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range – TBD, depending on experience level
Reports to: Quality Manager
Date Created: 03/01/2023
Department – Quality
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring timely and effective implementation of all company’s policies and procedures required to assure the quality of manufactured products. They maintain close working relationships with other department managers/supervisors in order to maintain product quality; as well as, identify, solve and prevent problems affecting product quality, maximize productivity, and comply with regulatory requirements.
We’re are always looking for creative and hardworking people to be a part of our growing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for oversight and assistance on all requirements, relating to Quality programs and policies.
- Ensures the Quality Department is effective in meeting customer specification requirements and audit requirements related to the facility and products being produced.
- Supports the facility in ensuring programs, policies, safety, and regulatory requirements are being met.
- As part of the food safety team, maintains the food safety plan and updates SOPs as required.
- Adhere to established Quality Management System guidelines and assist with the development of new/improved QMS systems across business units.
- Facilitates with monitoring of Quality processes and procedures (GMPs, Good Hygiene Practices, HACCP, Allergen Control, Cleaning and Sanitation, Pest Control, Equipment,Calibration, Organic Certification, etc.) to ensure effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Ensures accurate inspection and reporting of required information by reviewing all production and quality documentation for accuracy and maintaining the Document Control Log for any changes.
- Assist training of associates at all levels on Food Safety and Quality programs.
- Oversee the “On Hold” product program, including the status, release, and destruction of “Rejected” products.
- Maintains holds and develops corrective actions (CAPA) by utilizing root cause analysis for customer complaints, product non-conformity or as necessary and monitors CAPA for effectiveness.
- Interact with other supervisors/managers within the company to implement continuous improvement.
- Perform and maintain the environmental monitoring program and product testing program.
- Confirm customer/product specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, and communicating the required adjustments to the production supervisor/manager (as required)
- Reports all Quality related issues to Quality Team Management to ensure all are clearly conveyed to management for follow-up and rectification.
- Maintain all Quality Assurance document control protocols and traceability processes to support internal and external Quality audits.
- Maintain confidentiality of all executive decisions or any information you are made aware of prior to department meetings or official announcements.
- Perform other tasks or projects as designated by the Quality Director or Quality Manager.
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner. Scheduled time is 8am-4:30pm Mon-Fri. Hours may vary depending on business and coverage needs. Any variation from this shift needs to be pre-approved by an immediate supervisor.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or another related field preferred.
- HACCP certification and GFSI audits experience, such as SQF, a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience in food safety and/or Quality.
- 1+ years’ of demonstrated supervisory/management experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to develop and lead team members in meeting goals and objectives.
- Results-oriented with strong organizational and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and follow through skills.
- Comfortable working in a diverse, fast paced environment.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
*This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The company will provide training upon hiring for GMP, Dress Code, Safety, Employee Illness & Communicable Diseases. Any necessitated direct position related and/or annual training will be conducted as needed or required.