Classification – Hourly
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range – TBD
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Date Created: 02/10/2023
Department – Maintenance
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions/responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machinery.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Work in conjunction with Preventative Maintenance Team.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Require good leadership skills.
- Reports to maintenance manager
- Ability to perform daily tasks in a timely manner in a high pace environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to work with other departments.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Requires a high school diploma or higher education, and/or 5+ years maintenance experience.
- Degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus.
- 4 years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work as a team or independently.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team and allocate specified daily tasks.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position
The employee is required to stand; walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move heavier weight necessary at times.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and explosives. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. However, on some instances this job may require work in areas where ear protection is necessary.
The company will provide hands on training upon hiring for, GMP, Dress Code, Safety, Machine Guards.