Volume filling is a product packaging and filling technique that adds parts or products to a container until it meets a standard quantity, capacity, or weight. This process differs from other types of packaging, such as tray packing or place packing, which involve careful placing and handling of the individual products to minimize the damage incurred before distribution and delivery.
At Econo-Pak, we perform all filling operations within our own facility. By keeping our filling operations in-house, we can maintain full control of the environment for optimal quality management and speed, as well as reduce the overall transportation costs, delays, and logistical complications. Combined with our comprehensive in-house capabilities, this attention to detail has led to us becoming a leading contract filling and packaging service provider for multiple industries.
Why Opt for Contract Filling Services?
The growing popularity of using contract filling for packaging produce and other food products for distribution can be attributed to a number of factors, including a) the increasing hardiness of produce, which reduces the level of caution required during processing and handling operations, b) the rising demand for faster distribution and delivery, and c) the growing desire of businesses to focus on their core competencies.
Some of the most common products packaged by volume filling include:
- Liquid non-food products such as cleaners, paints, and car oil
- Personal care products such as soap and shampoo
- Raw produce like oranges and avocados
- Variety packs of individually packaged products
These products, among others, can be fitted and packaged into a wide variety of containers, such as:
- Bags/Pouches: The flexibility of bags and pouches allows them to hold small to large quantities of liquids and powders.
- Bottles: Bottles provide a variety of sealing and storage solutions for products that need to be resealed between uses. They also have rigid walls to reduce damage to the contents and container.
- Boxes: Fiberboard, wood, and other rigid materials are used to form open and closed boxes. These containers allow for easy transportation and carrying of smaller, individually wrapped products.
- Cans: Cans are rigid, closed containers that safely store food and non-food products for extended periods.
- Cartons: Cartons are lightweight, paper or Styrofoam containers available in opened and closed designs. Their construction material protects the contents from impact damage.
- Jars: Like cans, jars are rigid containers designed to provide a food-safe seal that protects the contents from spoilage or contamination.
Partner With the Right Filling Company
Contract filling services serve a vital role in any raw or processed goods supply chain. Choosing the right contract filling service company can streamline the process by allowing for:
- Faster order fulfillment
- Lower material costs (due to less spoilage and food waste)
- Fewer large-scale capital investments (as packaging machinery/equipment is not needed)
- Greater customer appeal through superior packaging and product appearance
- More time to focus on in-house specializations
- Enhanced brand reputation (due to reliable, precise and fast orders with fewer damaged goods)
To receive these and other benefits, it’s essential to select the right filling company that can meet your company’s needs. Some considerations to keep in mind when researching potential filling service providers include:
When choosing a filling company, it is essential to find one that has experience handling and packaging products in line with your company’s products. In doing so, you ensure that the facility has the means—i.e., the proper equipment and tools—to complete your order and the trained personnel who known how to complete the operation correctly.
In addition to finding a service provider who fulfills your current needs, it is important to plan for the future. Establishing a relationship with a filling service provider that offers fulfillment capabilities for both small and large orders gives your company greater flexibility, allowing you to meet changing market and consumer demands.
Product and Packaging Capabilities
Volume filling is a broad category that encompasses several different packaging types and measurement thresholds. The process is also used to package a wide range of products, including in liquid, powder, and small solid forms. It’s essential to find a contract filling service provider that can handle orders in different types of containers and with customized specifications. Providers that offer additional processing and packaging services, such as blending, sifting, shipping, and receiving, can further streamline your supply and distribution operations.
Choose Econo-Pak for Your Filling Needs
At Econo-Pak, regardless of the size or nature of your business, we have the expertise, flexibility, and capabilities to handle all of your packaging needs. With clients ranging from small companies to Fortune 500 corporations, we have experience fulfilling orders of every size.
Equipped with our 240,000 square foot production facility that boasts 200 packaging machines, our expert team has the knowledge, skills, and tools to fulfill client orders quickly and efficiently.
Econo-Pak’s Diverse Filling Services
At Econo-Pak, we provide a wide range of filling and packaging services for a variety of products used across the industrial, commercial, and consumer sectors. In addition to our volume filling services, our contract filling services include:
Auger filling is a packaging method used for powders and dried products, such as spices, protein powders, health supplements, chemical additives, salts, and raw food ingredients. Our auger filling process is designed for fast, efficient, and precise filling operations with minimal inconsistencies and product waste. We employ this process to manage loose materials in a variety of packages, including pouches and sachets, bottles, boxes, jars, rigid and flexible containers, and containers requiring film or shrink wrapping.
Econo-Pak is a leading provider of powder packaging services. We offer capabilities for both traditional and modern dry powder filling to handle any powdered product. A wide range of industries makes use of our powder filling services, including those in the pharmaceutical, retail, and wholesale markets.
Get in Touch With Our Packaging Experts
For over three decades, Econo-Pak has been a trusted name in the contract filling and packaging industry. Our filling, packaging, and shipping and receiving capabilities allow our customers to both minimize the time it takes to deliver their products to market and maintain or exceed the highest standards for product quality.