Food and beverage companies often have only seconds to catch consumers’ attention, meaning packaging and display design can be just as important as the product itself.
High-quality shipper displays offer a double investment for savvy companies: These designs both protect and promote a product, creating a secure display with enhanced marketing value.
Types of Shipper Displays
Point-of-sale (POS), point-of-purchase (POP), counter display unit (CDU), custom shelf-ready, and display packaging are all used to increase product appeal, allowing consumers to register your product quickly and easily in a crowded retail space.
Display shippers (or shipper displays): These are the most popular styles of point-of-purchase or promotional displays with cleverly designed, multi-purpose packages. Shipped to a retailer in a bulk crate or master case, each individual product shipping carton opens up to form a custom display setup.
A simple tear-away, die-cut riser, or perforated panel in a shipper display allows for the package to be quickly and easily converted into a custom countertop or shelf-ready display. The reader panel creates a compact branding space that can be printed with text, graphics, or custom promotions for the product within.
Various customization options are available to best suit certain applications, including:
- Cardboard display stands
- Corrugated floor displays
- Cardboard countertop displays
- Cardboard floor displays
All display types can be constructed in a range of sizes to meet specific space requirements.
Benefits of POP Merchandising and Shipper Displays
Visual merchandising programs can make or break sales in a brick-and-mortar store format. Aside from offering great versatility and cost efficiency, shipper displays provide a range of other benefits for the retail space, including:
- Protection: First and foremost, packaging is meant to provide protection; no one wants to purchase a damaged final product. Shipper displays provide a simple way to prevent losses while the extra level of shipping safety cuts down on the potential for transport-based waste.
- Efficiency: An effectively designed shipper display offers optimal product safety while incorporating clever, effective marketing in a single design. No material is wasted in this style of packaging.
- Branding: Display shippers allow businesses to incorporate branded personality and storytelling — key elements for emotionally connecting to consumers — into a product’s shelf presence.
Display Your Product with Econo-Pak
Over four decades ago, Econo-Pak was founded with a mission to provide the highest-quality, most innovative modern packaging solutions. Durable, high-quality design that combines reliable performance and smart aesthetics is critical for connecting with consumers, and our skilled design team is always searching for the newest, most inventive way to get your product noticed.
To learn more about our custom packaging design services, check out our package design page.
Already have packaging available but need someone to fill it with your product? Learn more about our contract food packaging services, or reach out to the team today!